THe Kenora Cheifs Advisory are looking for Full-Time Bear Clan Patrol Members! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Kenora Chiefs Advisory is currently seeking Bear Clan Patrol Members. The Bear Clan Patrol is a community-based solution to crime prevention, intending to provide a sense of safety, solidarity and belonging to both its members and to the communities they serve. This is achieved in a non-violent, non-threatening, non-judgmental and supportive manner primarily through relationship building and reconciliation. We require enthusiastic, motivated, flexible individuals with exceptional team work and communication skills. Experience is a plus but we are willing to train.
- Patrol area by vehicle and foot and with close scrutiny
- Identify crisis situations and provide appropriate emergency assistance
- Determine the need of an individual and refer to appropriate agency
- Create linkages to other programs and organizations for referrals
- Cooperate with police and be tactful with the public
- Observe and report incidents as required
- Ensure accurate documentation of program statistics and activities
- Previous work experience working in an Indigenous organization or community
- Working knowledge of Indigenous culture, customs and practices
- Positive attitude and demonstrated capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model
- Able to work in a team with minimal supervision
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Anishinaabemowin (Indigenous language) is a definite asset
- Able to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license, First Aid & CPR an asset
A current Vulnerable Sector Check will be required upon offer of employment
Please forward resume cover letter and 3 references to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora Chiefs Advisory
P.O. Box 349- 240 Veterans Drive, 3rd Floor
Kenora ON P9N 3X4
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.