Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring a Alternative Care Worker! For more information about this LEAP posting please see the details below!
The Alternative Care Worker (ACW) is responsible for providing direct services to Alternative Care Homes and Agency Operated Homes where children have been placed in emergency, temporary, or long-term care. The ACW ensures the needs of the children are met, provides case management services to caregivers, respite workers, and one-to-one workers according to Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services (AAFS) philosophy, First Nation standards, provincial regulations and licensing requirements. The ACW reports to the Resource Manager in all aspects of job function.
The work is performed in an interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position requires a normal range of hearing and clear speaking voice to answer phones and to sit for extended periods of time, walk, stand, stretch, bend, crouch, kneel and lift/carry up to 30 pounds. Use of hands, fingers and arms to hold a telephone, type, photocopy and fax. Occasional stress from fast-paced and varying demands with moderate to high noise level.
AAFS requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario.
AAFS offers Extended Health, Dental, Group Life, AD&D, & Disability benefits after one month of
employment and participation in our Pension program.
We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the First Nations communities that we serve.
Preference will be given to Internal and/or Indigenous applicants. Please self-identify upon applying. AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities and will provide accessibility accommodations as part of the application process upon request.
- Master of Social Work Degree or Bachelor of Social Work Degree. However, a combination of education, experience and skills may be considered
- Thorough knowledge of the Child Youth and Family Services Act and Regulations, Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions
- Working knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of AAFS including case management model, policies, procedures, guidelines, and protocols
- Extensive experience in the recruitment and supervision of Alternative Care Homes, Agency Operated Homes, including respite workers and one-to-one workers
- Expert knowledge of provincial Foster Care licensing standards such as, but not limited to, assessments of caregivers, interviews, medical information, Vulnerable Sector Checks, reference checks, mandatory visits, home study requirements and approval process, annual home study reviews, serious occurrence reporting, and physical home inspections
- Working knowledge of a child’s Plan of Care with proven ability to assist caregivers and one-to-one workers to complete their assigned tasks as set out in each Plan of Care
- Proven ability to complete case recordings and related documentation within legislated timelines
- Proven ability to support and advocate for caregivers and workers including orientation, training, and crisis intervention as needed
- Ability to consult with and take direction from the Resource Manager-Alternative Care
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Committed to highest level of confidentiality at all times
- Must provide afterhours On-Call duties as part of a rotating schedule
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License, be willing to travel and provide a Driver Abstract
- Ability to speak Ojibway is preferred and a definite asset.
How to Apply:
Applicants resumes may be used to create a qualified candidates list for recruitment of other positions within our organization.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QOUTING
FILE #ACW2023OUF to: Human Resources Manager by E-mail to AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca or c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora,
Ontario P9N 1S7 or Fax: (807) 548-1345
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: OPEN UNTIL FILLED