Grand Council Treaty #3 is hiring a Abinoojii Inakonigewin (AI) Policy Analyst! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Under the supervision of the Social Policy Analyst, the “Abinoojii Inakonigewin Policy Analyst” will work alongside with the Abinoojii Inakonigewin Technical Advisor to further the implementation of Treaty #3’s child care law, Abinoojii Inakonigewin and support the work of the Executive Office of Grand Council Administrative Corporate Services.
Employer Name: Grand Council Treaty #3
Application Deadline: September 29th, 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Advocacy on behalf of Abinoojii Inakonigewin and support the implementation process of AI.
- Advocate and communicate with relevant external governments and jurisdictions to support transition to Abinoojii Inakonigewin in Treaty #3
- Take direction from elders, Treaty #3 leadership, council and elders following traditional protocols to ensure traditional guidance informs and directs work.
- Support Child Welfare Agencies of national interest to their transition work within Abinoojii Inakonigewin.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information including presentations.
- Monitor and analyze federal legislation, regulations and policy direction in areas applicable to Treaty #3 related to Abinoojii Inakonigewin.
- Provide impact analyses as a result of monitoring federal and provincial policy research that may influence Abinoojii Inakonigewin and Treaty #3 children.
- Attend meetings as required; represent GCT#3 at relevant committees/tables, national, regional and local community gatherings.
- Prepare position papers, recommendations, briefing notes, fact sheets, reports, and other documents.
- Complete reports as required and on time.
- Regular communication to supervisor(s) on emerging/current issues emanating from potential impact analyses.
- Assist in the coordination of meetings with the Office of the Ogichidaa for Bilateral and Tri-Partite Tables with external governments.
- During an emergency epidemic/pandemic situation, job duties will be reviewed and reassigned accordingly.
- All other related duties assigned by supervisor and Leadership of GCT#3.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- College or Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of (3) three years of related experience
- Experience in the development of legislation, regulation and/or policy
- Experience in planning and coordinating complex projects/assignments.
- Experience in clearly, concisely and persuasively writing a range of documents/content (e.g., correspondence, grant applications, briefing notes, legislative requests, public discussion papers).
- Proficient use of various office-based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), online video-conferencing platforms (Zoom, Blue Jeans, Microsoft team).
- An understanding of the Anishinaabe language, culture and traditions.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and departments.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Proven skill to format and draft correspondence, forms, reports, and proposals.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Preference will be given to those with an Anishinaabe background. Applicants that have prior knowledge of Anishinaabe Worldview; have a basic understanding of the Anishinabemowin and understand the Anishinaabe protocols and customs, as well as experience communicating and building relationships with Treaty 3 communities.
- An Anishinaabe background. Applicants that have prior knowledge of Anishinaabe Worldview; have a basic understanding of the Anishinabemowin and understand the Anishinaabe protocols and customs.
- Experience communicating and building relationships with Treaty 3 communities.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to the attention of:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resource Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted. At Grand Council Treaty #3, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, advise Human Resources when applying for the position.
Advertising Method: General Ad