Confederation College is looking for a Temporary Academic Services Assistant! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The incumbent is a vital member of the Lake of the Woods campus team, providing primary administrative support to the Campus Director, as well as providing Human Resources support by coordinating and maintaining a system of control for instructor contracts/records following Human Resources policies and procedures, as well as the submission of all departmental timesheets and contracts. In addition to organizing the Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament, the incumbent plans, coordinates and oversees various campus events including convocation, awards ceremony and the President’s community visits.
Employer Name: Confederation College
Application Deadline: May 10th, 2021
Hours of Work: Full-time (Temporary)
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $22.24 - $25.84
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
Executes Human Resources Duties: (For Kenora & Red Lake Campuses)
Organizes, Analyzes and Processes:
- The incumbent maintains a system of controls and tracking of contracts, files and records, ensuring record accuracy and compliance with Human Resources procedures pertaining to contract development, timesheet records and the BANNER system
- Prepares instructor schedules according to the Regional Integrated Plan program delivery, initiates contract requirement input into BANNER for part-time staff and instructors monitoring contracts from initial request to signed return
- Generates and maintains a departmental record of all part-time faculty with BANNER ID’s, pay codes, contract dates, rates of pay and cost centre
- Follows up with new hires to ensure that contracts and payroll documents are returned in a timely manner
- Liaises with Human Resources, Campus Director, and instructors regarding contract enquiries
- Records absences and vacation for part-time staff on bi-weekly timesheet
- Acts on inquiries from staff and faculty concerning payroll, vacation, etc., and advises part-time staff and instructors as required
Student Employees – SUCCI/Summer Students: actively recruits applicants for available positions, arranges interviews with Campus Director, liaises with SUCCI/HR to complete hiring process, submits bi-weekly timesheets, provides training and direction to student employees
Executes Administrative Duties: (For Kenora & Red Lake campuses)
- Departmental resource for problems encountered during any registration process. * Provides BANNER training and on-going support for new and existing staff and instructors
- Registers students (part-time, modified registration), processes student payments, ensures accurate assessment of student fees
- Completes processing of student registration and related activities (such as fees) in a timely manner, applies correct BANNER attribute so that students may register for programs/classes. Resolves discrepancies with tuition fees, student accounts, and fee assessment related problems. If needed, collaborates with accounting and financial aid offices for atypical situations.
- Compiles midterms for Campus Director, and ensures accurate entry of final grades in BANNER
- Creates CRN’s for traditional courses offered as part of the Regional Integrated Plan and ensures they are loaded into registration Blocks
- Ensures that post-secondary and part time courses/blocks are properly loaded into BANNER system, and instructors attached to classes in advance of registration opening. Makes corrections to system information as changes occur in the delivery process. Scrutinizes course lists rolled over from previous semesters, deletes orphaned courses and inactivates non-current courses
- Generates BANNER and other reports for Campus Director as requested
- Cash Register – daily reconciliation, bank deposits and preparation of Daily Deposit Summary. Maintains hardcopy records to support cancellation and refund actions
- Codes VISA transactions for credit card holders at the Lake of the Woods Campus
- Manages and reconciles campus petty cash
- Codes campus invoices, orders, and statements to proper budget codes
- Investigates and resolves financial discrepancies (Millennium, invoices, etc.) prepares journal entries, Requests to Pay/Invoice/Refund, as necessary
- Prepares purchase requisitions using BANNER system
- Assists with training/orientation of team members/student employees providing ongoing cross-training and support as required
- Acts as a contact for building related matters. Meets with contractors as necessary, keys/security (Alarm Company), equipment maintenance, meter reads, etc.
- Arranges travel and accommodations for Director and other staff
- Performs office duties such as receiving/distributing mail, arranging courier shipping, ordering supplies and maintaining/monitoring office equipment, and other duties as assigned
Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament
Project Management, Organization, Coordination, Execution:
- The incumbent oversees all aspects of the Annual Lake of the Woods Scholarship Golf Tournament
- Organizes, implements and reviews event. Identifies and prioritizes goals. Effectively communicates with external and internal sponsors and donors, identifies and negotiates new partnership opportunities
- Trains, advises and allocates tasks to summer student and other staff as required. Recruits, coordinates and assigns tasks to committee volunteers, provides motivation and support, oversees meetings and working groups
- Proactively researches and networks with potential and existing donors, supporters and other relevant agencies to cultivate and nurture effective relationships and donor commitment
- Applies various fundraising approaches and techniques to create partnerships
- Budgets and tracks expenses and revenue, prepares post event reports
- Markets tournament and assists in the development of promotional materials
- Recruits golfers, books golf course (including tournament contests, cart and equipment rentals), Chooses meal options with caterer, auctions, media participation and coverage of event
- The incumbent liaises with the regional graduation coordinator and Campus Director in the planning and execution of the Lake of the Woods Campus convocation ceremony
Coordinates and books all parties involved with the convocation, liaises with the * Registrar’s office to ensure all students have completed program requirements prior to Registration department deadlines.
- Pre-ceremony – ensures the following: students are contacted regarding gown fittings and invitations; all diplomas, covers, special awards, gowns and honour cords, graduation products (for sale) are delivered to the campus and ready prior to rehearsal and convocation ceremony, assists with graduation ceremony rehearsal
- Prepares requests for honorariums for venue, entertainers, etc.
- Organizes a number of events/persons, media representatives and entertainers. Arranges alumni representatives, graduation luncheon, graduation cake order and delivery, etc. As well as tracking the number of invitations
- Delegates tasks to part-time and student employees as required
- Provides support to the Lake of the Woods & Red Lake campuses during vacation and break periods
- Recommends changes to operating procedures, physical environment in order to increase efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Decisions re emergencies: Building, Fire, etc. in the absence of Campus Director
- Designated First Aid responder & Fire Warden
- Prioritization of personal portfolio to meet all deadlines (registration, print deadlines, College calendar deadlines, etc.).
- Event Planning/Organization: Annual Awards Ceremony, President’s community visits
- Assists with the production of promotional materials utilizing various computer programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
Minimum level of formal education required for the position: 1 year certificate or equivalent
Specific course(s), certification, qualification, formal training or accreditation required for the position: No additional requirements
Field(s) of Study: Business/Office Administration, Human Resources or related field
Typical number of years of experience, in addition to the necessary education level, required to perform the responsibilities of the position: Minimum of three (3) years
Type of Experience: 3 years of increased responsibility in a multi-tasking, fast-paced office environment. Previous experience at an Ontario College would be an asset.
Proven excellence in:
Organization and time management skills
Project management skills
Analysis, problem solving and evaluation skills
Customer service skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Able to work independently and as a team member
Use of computers, particularly MS Office software, BANNER
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please click on the link below
Full Time Hours Per Week: 35 hours/week
Advertising Method: General Ad