Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring a Accounts Payable Clerk General 2! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Accounts Payable Clerk-General 2 is a full-time permanent administrative position. The Accounts Payable Clerk-General 2 is responsible for timely and accurate payment of all general expenditures of the Corporation including ISC and Provincial programs.
- Community College Diploma or High School Diploma with three years direct related experience. However, others with a combination of skills, education and experience that would allow them to do the job may be considered;
- Knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, as well as local customs and traditions;
- Thorough knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services including service delivery, policies, procedures, and office methods;
- Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality at all times; thorough understanding that all agency matters related to finance, service, clients, staff, and all other agency business must be kept confidential;
- Ability to establish and maintain purposeful relationships with staff, management, board members, vendors, and other community service providers;
- Ability to ensure accounts payable for different programs are delivered with excellence and conform to provincial legislation, regulations, and funding framework, and Agency philosophy, policies, procedures, guidelines and auditing standards;
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles;
- Extensive experience working with a computerized accounting system; demonstrated ability to compile financial information and prepare reports
- Demonstrated ability to batch and code accounts payable vouchers, and reconcile batch listings;
- Ability to ensure staff and board member expenditures, and cheque requisitions are duly authorized as set out in the policies and procedures
- Ability to reconcile credit cards statements on monthly basis, follow up with credit card holders for backups and flag any exceptions to Finance Controller and DOFA;
- Ability to resolve accounts payable discrepancies with staff, board members, and vendors;
- Ability to ensure all invoices are approved by authorized signatories and within their authorized limits and flag any exceptions to Finance Controller and DOFA;
- Ability to prepare any prepaid, unearned entries to be posted on monthly basis and create monthly reconciliation;
- Ability to prepare backup documentation required for Auditors and for other reporting requirements/backups
- Excellent time management, problem -solving and decision-making skills;
- Ability to flex daily work hours as determined by the Finance Controller;
- Excellent computer skill and keyboard speed of 50 words per minute;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence and be willing to travel;
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
The work will be normally performed in a typical interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require the incumbent to sit for long periods of time at a desk, walk, stand, bend, stoop, crouch and stretch. Use of arms, hands or fingers in typing, handing, carrying objects and repetitive movements. The noise level environment is usually quiet to moderate. Travel to semi-remote Anishinaabe communities on rough and winding class “C” roadways and in various weather conditions.
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request.
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE #APG220210927 to:
Manager of Human Resources c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7 Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at time of interview.