Keewatin Patricia District School Board is hiring an Accounts Payable Clerk! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- Under the direction of the Purchasing and Payables Officer or designate responsible for accurate processing of all accounts payable and maintenance of the general ledger. Invoices are paid for all schools and departments and vendor statements are reconciled to the central accounting records. Responds to inquiries from all employees. Involvement with the public as well as stakeholders occurs on a daily basis.
- High School diploma required.
- A valid Driver’s licence and the willingness and ability to travel for school board related business required.
- College diploma in an accounting discipline preferred.
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem-solving abilities. Equivalent qualifications and/or expertise as determined by the Human Resources Manager may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in a Windows environment and proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Willingness and ability to acquire skills in accounting, purchasing and other related software applications is essential.
- The following attributes are necessary: excellent office/accounting skills; ability to deal with tact and sound judgement in oral and written communications with staff and the public; the ability to organize and complete work assignments with minimum supervision; and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Previous experience in an accounting environment will be preferred.
- Successful appointment to this position is dependent upon the applicant completing a test to ensure their ability to meet the skills required.
Please include three (3) professional references and permission to contact. These can be uploaded directly into your ATE application/portfolio.
Kelsey Wellwood, Human Resources Officer
The Board thanks all applicants for indicating their interest in this position, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
Confidential Information provided by applicants will be used for the purposes of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
This Board is an equal opportunity employer.
The Keewatin-Patricia District School Board encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.