The Ministry of the Solicitor General is looking for a Temporary Accounts Payable/Finance Clerk! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
In this role, you will:
• process accounts payable and maintain the institutional reporting systems; • process direct billing, transfer payments and journal entries; • reconcile purchase orders, invoices and offender trust accounts; • ensure accuracy of accounting and purchasing records; • perform purchasing and supply functions; • perform daily cash float transactions; • arrange travel for staff, including booking of flights and rental vehicles; • provide other general office and clerical support services.
Financial Knowledge and Skills
• You have knowledge of accounting principles and practices. • You have financial skills to provide accounts payable and accounting services. • You have strong arithmetic skills to process accounts payable, calculate and reconcile accounts and invoices. • You are proficient in financial information systems and software applications (e.g., IFIS) as well as MS Word and Excel.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can verify the accuracy of financial information, invoices and transactions. • You can identify and resolve discrepancies and issues within established procedures and guidelines. • You can exercise good judgement when working with confidential information. • You have the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions.
Office Administration Skills
• You have experience and skills in providing general office administration and clerical support. • You have knowledge of office practices, and you can process mails and use office equipment.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can explain and provide accurate information on accounts payable and financial procedures. • You can communicate effectively with managers and staff. • You demonstrate courtesy, tact and diplomacy when answering phone calls and responding to routine inquiries.
1. You must apply online.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, February 21, 2020 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.