The City of Kenora is hiring an Accounts Payable individual! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Accounts Payables role will be responsible for performing routine clerical, accounting and administrative work within the accounts payable function and assist in carrying out financial duties related to Municipal accounting practices.
- Coordinates all incoming invoices with the various departments, processes and verifies account numbers on all approved invoices
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts including: contractors’ holdbacks, , sundry payables, prepaid expense, and accounts receivable
- Performs year-end Accounts Payables functions
- Completes Staff Visa Card Reconciliation processes
- Performs Accounts Receivable duties as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) year post-secondary education in a related field, major in Accounting preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years practical accounting experience in a work environment
- A minimum of three (3) years computer related experience in a work environment including keyboarding and number pad, as well as proficient use of adding machine
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and quickly, ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion, ability to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions
- Knowledge of various provincial PST, GST & HST rules and application
- Demonstrated organizational skills, initiative and ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential matters and maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills with a proven focus on service delivery
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations specifically concerning the requirements for job hazard analysis and the development of and training on safe work procedures
- Ability to get along well with others including supervisors, coworkers, members of the public and other partners in service
- Must pass a test designed to assess the job specifications and the knowledge, skills and abilities as outlined within this posting
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume no later than 12:00 p.m. noon February 1, 2023 to;
Human Resources | City of Kenora
1 Main St. S, Kenora, ON P9N 3X2
Fax: 807-467-2150 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Kenora is an equal opportunity Employer and committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including members of groups with historical and/or
current barriers to equitable employment, including but not limited to, Indigenous Peoples, members of racialized communities or visible minorities, persons with visible and/or invisible disabilities, diverse sexual and gender identities, orientations and/or expressions, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The City of Kenora is committed to providing accommodation in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources department in advance to ensure your participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.