The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is looking for an Administrative Assistant for the Emergency Services Department! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Under the direction of the Emergency Services Manager completes, compiles, verifies, records and processes documents such as applications, permits, registrations, and requisitions in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and schedules. Subject to the direction of the Emergency Services Manager, this position maintains general responsibility for 911 Coordination, By-law administrative support, Emergency Plan Update, and the sale of Fire Permits.
- Continual updating of database based on information provided by Hydro, quarterly review and comparison of 911 information database to Bell Canada list, either manually or electronically, including verification and resolution of discrepancies, assisting with the addressing and mapping of new subdivisions, and assisting with the installation of proper signage for all buildings.
- Issue fire burning permits to public while educating them on the regulations relating to burning, advertise burning permit sales and regulations.
- Maintain ongoing detailed records relating to fire statistics, standby statistics, training statistics and miscellaneous information, maintain information for submission to payroll annually, and maintain individual training records for each Fire Fighter.
- Under the direction of the Emergency Services Manager, complete the report to the Fire Marshall detailing statistics related to public information, fire calls, and smoke alarm inspections.
- Recording secretary for all Emergency Plan meetings and upon direction of the Emergency Services Manager updates the Emergency Plan regularly and distributes updated information as required.
- Provide administrative support to the By-law enforcement staff including financial and documentation.
- Act as the Health and Safety resource person
- General office duties including typing, copying, fax, and e-mail, providing public information, telephone reception, mail distribution, filing, electronic filing, and coding invoices.
- Utilize TOMRMS system for document control.
- Maintain the data on an electronic community alert system
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Some post-secondary training in office or business administration preferred.
- Minimum six (6) months to one (1) year related Municipal experience in a customer service environment with use of communications, computer and business equipment.
To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to the undersigned:
Human Resource Department -Municipality of Sioux Lookout
25 Fifth Avenue, PO Box 158, Sioux Lookout ON P8T 1A4
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 807-737-2700 Fax: 807-737-8067; Website: www.siouxlookout.ca
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the
information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries relating to the collection of personal information should be directed to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information visit our website at www.siouxlookout.ca.
The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer.