Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services are looking for Administrative Assistants in Dryden, ON! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Administrative Assistant is a full-time position. The Administrative Assistant coordinates the efforts of a team of staff to ensure their efforts culminate in meeting service objectives. These positions are located in Dryden supporting the Dryden Team and the Family Preservation unit.
- Community College Diploma or minimum Grade 12 Diploma with two years related experience; a combination of skills, education and experience may be considered;
- Ability to take direction and work within agency philosophy, mandate, policies and procedures;
- Ability to receive visitors and telephone calls in a professional, respectful and gracious manner;
- Ability to direct visitors and phone call appropriately and provide general non-confidential information;
- Experience in general office administration procedures to include logging incoming and outgoing mail, maintain an inventory of office supplies and filing;
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and client-based data systems;
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical tasks, including drafting correspondence creating presentations;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Committed to ensure highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Must have minimum keyboard speed of 50 words per minute;
- Knowledge of the communities, family structure, as well as the First Nation customs and traditions;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Driver’s License and be willing to travel;
- Must provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office environment generally working at a set schedule of standard business hours, located in the offices of AAFS. The position will require sitting for long periods of time at a desk, perhaps sharing a workspace with other colleagues. The incumbent will be required to work in an atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines and at times consisting of repetitive duties that may involve a computer, website, telephone and faxing requirements. Periodic travel is also required
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QUOTING FILE: #AADN20201217-2 to:
Manager of Human Resources
20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345
or by Email: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at time of interview.