Lake of the Woods Aviation Inc. is hiring a Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Apprentice! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Lake of the Woods (LOTW) Aviation is seeking motivated individuals to join our team as a fulltime Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Apprentice in Kenora, Ontario. The successful candidate will perform various duties under the supervision of a licensed AME.
Employer Name: Lake of the Woods Aviation Inc.
Postal Code: P9N 4L2
Application Deadline: March 22nd, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Conduct maintenance on aircraft under the direction of the AME Lead Hand
- Perform all work assigned in accordance with the instruction and procedures
- Perform all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable airworthiness standards
- Complete all paperwork for assigned tasks in an accurate and timely matter
- Report any defect that is noted in the course of performing maintenance
- Care and custody of tooling and publications associated with the maintenance function
- Ensure work area is kept clean and safe, proper use of PPE equipment and recognizing safety as a number one priority
- Maintain professional work habits and communicate with employees and customers in a professional manner
- Complete any special projects or other tasks as required or assigned. May be assigned to other areas of operations, based on business needs or customer requirements
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- College diploma in Aircraft Maintenance from a Transport Canada approved educational institution
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- Must have own basic mechanics toolbox & tools
- Must have mechanical aptitude and mechanical experience
- Ability to take initiative, take direction and learn quickly
- Can work independently and in a team environment
- Good physical capacity, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as, climb, kneel and crawl frequently in tight spaces
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Based in Kenora, Ontario
- Full-time schedule, typically Monday to Friday, 8 hour shift
- Extra hours may be required to complete project deadlines and support operating at critical times
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Health and dental benefits package offered after 3-month probation
- Paid vacation in accordance with federal regulations
- Tool/work boot allowance up to $500 per year
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
If you are interested in this job opportunity and possess the required qualifications, please send a copy of your cover letter, resume and diploma with references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
LOTW Aviation was established in 2019. We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario. We are young and growing and looking to add to our team! We hope for your commitment and dedication while we expand, and in return, you can expect there is the opportunity for continuous learning, training, growth, all while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Kenora is situated on beautiful Lake of the Woods in the heart of some of the most scenic wilderness in Ontario. With a population of 16,500 the city offers excellent recreational opportunities at your doorstep. Kenora is North America’s premier boating destination. We are the connection to Lake of the Woods and its 14,522 islands. For more information and 30 great reasons to call Kenora home, please visit www.kenora.ca
Advertising Method: General Ad