Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services is hiring an Alternative Care Worker for Dryden, ON! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Alternative Care Worker (ACW) is responsible for providing direct services to Alternative Care Homes and Agency Operated Homes where children have been placed in emergency, temporary, or long-term care. The ACW ensures the needs of the children are met, provides case management services to caregivers, respite workers, and one-to-one workers according to Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services (AAFS) philosophy, First Nation standards, Provincial regulations and licensing requirements. The Alternative Care Worker reports to the team Resource Manager in all aspects of job function.
Employer Name: Anishinaabe Abinoojii Family Services
Application Deadline: May 11th, 2021 at 4:30pm
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $58,258 – $71,449 per annum
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
The work is performed in an interior and office environment located in the offices of AAFS. The position requires a normal range of hearing and clear speaking voice to answer phones and to sit for extended periods of time, walk, stand, stretch, bend, crouch, kneel and lift/carry up to 30 pounds. Use of hands, fingers and arms to hold a telephone, type, photocopy and fax. Occasional stress from fast-paced and varying demands with moderate to high noise level.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or High School Diploma with three (3) years’ experience is preferred, however a combination of education, experience, and skills may be considered;
- Thorough knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Regulations, Customary Care and the philosophy of service delivery, First Nation communities, family structure, and local customs and traditions;
- Working knowledge of the administrative structure and operations of AAFS including case management model, policies, procedures, guidelines, and protocols;
- Extensive experience in the recruitment and supervision of Alternative Care Homes, Agency Operated Homes, including respite workers and one-to-one workers;
- Expert knowledge of provincial Foster Care-Licensing standards such as, but not limited to assessments of caregivers, interviews, medical information, Vulnerable Sector Checks, reference checks, mandatory visits, home study requirements and approval process, annual home study reviews, serious occurrence reporting, and physical home inspections;
- Working knowledge of a child’s Plan of Care with proven ability to assist caregivers and one-to-one workers to complete their assigned tasks as set out in each Plan of Care;
- Proven ability to complete case recordings and related documentation within legislated timelines;
- Proven ability to support and advocate for caregivers and workers including orientation, training, and crisis intervention as may be needed;
- Ability to consult with and take direction from the Resource Manager;
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to highest level of confidentiality at all times;
- Must provide after hours On-Call duties as part of a rotating schedule;
- Must possess a valid Ontario G Drivers Licence and be willing to travel;
- Must provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract; and
- Ability to speak Anishinaabemowin is preferred and a definite asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
AAFS welcomes and encourages applications from peoples with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request
IF THIS EXCITING OPPORTUNITY INTERESTS YOU, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH COVER LETTER QOUTING FILE #ACW20210426 to:
Manager of Human Resources c/o 20 Main Street South, Kenora, Ontario P9N 1S7
Fax: (807) 548-1345 or by E-mail: AAFS.HumanResources@aafs.ca
All interviewees must submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract at time of interview.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION IS: Monday, April 26, 2021 @ 4:30PM
Advertising Method: General Ad