BiMose Tribal Council are looking for an Anishinaabe Wiidookaa-gagewi (Coordinator)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Anishinaabe Wiidookaa-gagewi is responsible for gathering and coordinating community-based Anishinaabe Language and Cultural activities for the Anishinaabe Student Achievement schools, programs and communities. Reporting directly to the FNSSP Coordinator, the Anishinaabe Wiidookaa-gagewi will coordinate and support existing language and culture initiatives. This position requires an advanced level understanding of Anishinaabemowin and experience supporting cultural activities. They will be asked to participate in community initiatives that support the revival and sustainment of Anishinaabemowin. This position will also meet with Traditional Knowledge Keepers.
Employer Name: BiMose Tribal Council
Location/Address: Kenora, ON
Application Deadline: November 23rd, 2020
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Ensures that all education programming, activities and resources reflects the Anishinaabe language, culture and traditions of the territory and the communities Bimose Tribal Council serves;
- Works to ensure and improve Anishinaabe student success in coordination and collaboration with other Anishinaabe Student Achievement (ASA) team staff;
- Planning and implementation of the Anishinaabe language and culture program(s);
- Active and regular involvement with the program, its personnel and participating First Nation community schools;
- Organize and/or deliver professional development sessions/training to all schools and staff, as requested;
- Prepare regular reports for the FNSSP Coordinator and the ASA Committee;
- Acts as a translation specialist and mentor to the education team;
- Assist with final program reports and updates as required;
- Follow all confidentiality protocols and policies;
- Ensures record keeping and maintenance of a language/cultural resource library;
- Works in collaboration with Traditional Knowledge Keepers; and
- Other duties as assigned by the FNSSP Coordinator.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Fluency in Anishinaabemowin.
- Thorough knowledge of Anishinaabe traditions and culture.
- Experience coordinating programs and activities.
- Familiar with community protocols.
- Any relevant diplomas and degrees would be considered an asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
A cover letter and a resume with three professional references must be submitted.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAIL, E-MAIL, IN PERSON, OR FAX TO:
Attn: Human Resources Manager
c/o Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
598 Lakeview Drive
Telephone: (807) 468-5551 Fax: (807) 468-3908 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Late applications will be returned. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Advertising Method: General Ad