Washagamis Bay First Nation id hiring a Anishinaabemowin Instructor! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Washagamis Bay First Nation is currently seeking a full-time Anishinaabemowin Instructor for its school located at McKenzie Portage Road, Kenora, Ontario. The Indigenous Language and Cultural Programmer is responsible for supporting student success and language retention through the development and delivery of land- based Anishinaabe language and cultural projects and programming.
Employer Name: Washagamis Bay First Nation
City: Kenora Unorganized
Postal Code: P0X 1C0
Application Deadline: December 17, 2021
Hours of Work: Full-time, 35 hours/ week
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
• Assist with the development, delivery and evaluation of the school’s Anishinaabe language projects/programming.
• Active and regular involvement implementing all project/program activities.
• Determining needs, planning, development and implementation of the Anishinaabe language and culture project/program(s) in Washagamis Bay First Nation.
• Deliver credit-based language and cultural courses.
• Purchasing of all required Anishinaabe language and culture resources and materials for the various projects/programs
• Assist to develop partnerships with provincial school boards and other First Nation schools/organizations in order to support the project objectives.
• Implementing required Anishinaabe language assessment tools and collect required data.
• Organize and/or deliver presentations.
• Prepare regular reports for the Director of Education and Chief and Council.
• Assist with final program reports and updates as required.
• Other duties as assigned by the Principal or designate.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must possess any of the following:
• Bachelor of Arts/Science and Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Education or Education Diploma.
• Member in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Teachers would be an asset.
• Fluency in the Anishinaabe language would be an asset.
• A thorough knowledge of Anishinaabe traditions and culture would be an asset.
• A post-secondary degree with related teaching experience (2 years minimum) will also be considered. References must be able to confirm teaching ability and experience working with students. Willingness to obtain teaching certificate/qualifications within a reasonable timeframe is required.
• Experience organizing and supervising programming.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
• Must be willing to take additional long-term Early Years management/supervision training, if required.
• Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license is required.
• An ongoing clean vulnerable sector check is required.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Along with their resume and cover letter, applicants must submit a current vulnerable sector check and three references to:
Note: We thank all those who have expressed an interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Full Time Hours Per Week: 35 hours/week
Advertising Method: General Ad