YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is hiring an Assistant Counsellor! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. The Assistant Counsellor will support the counsellor in working directly with campers, ensuring that there is a safe, fun and supportive recreational/educational setting for the campers.
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg
City: Camp Stephens, Kenora
Postal Code: P9N 1S8
Application Deadline: March 24, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time, June 25–September 1, 2023 (subject to change)
Job Type: Summer
Wages: Weekly Rate $200.00 (plus room & board)
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Assists in the supporting and supervising of campers at all scheduled activities
- Assist in planning and implementing camp programs
- Assist in ensuring the needs of assigned campers are being met (including physical, emotional, social, medical and nutritional)
- Assist in ensuring all equipment and supplies are used according to camp standards and ensure work/program areas are free of hazards
- Assist Provides additional support to the larger team as needed
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Must be at least 17 years of age or completed grade 11 but not grade 12
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Bronze Cross
- Globally Harmonized System (will train)
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid exemption
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit your cover letter and resume direct to Mat Klachefsky, Camp Director at: email@example.com
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We also are committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting. We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.
Advertising Method: General Ad