YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens is hiring an Assistant Counsellor! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. The Assistant Counsellor will support the counsellor in working directly with campers, ensuring that there is a safe, fun and supportive recreational/educational setting for the campers.
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids have a remarkable camp experience
- We are awesome!
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Postal Code: P9N 1W2
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Summer Fixed Term Employment Opportunity, June-September 1, 2024-dates TBD
Job Type: Summer
Wages: Weekly Rate $200.00 (plus room & board)
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Assists in the supporting and supervising of campers at all scheduled activities
- Assist in planning and implementing camp programs
- Assist in ensuring the needs of assigned campers are being met (including physical, emotional, social, medical and nutritional)
- Assist in ensuring all equipment and supplies are used according to camp standards and ensure work/program areas are free of hazards
- Provide additional support to the larger team as needed
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Must be at least 17 years of age or completed grade 11 but not grade 12
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Bronze Cross
- Globally Harmonized System (will train
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on recruitment website at:
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Advertising Method: General Ad