Kenora Association for Community Living are looking for an Assistant Financial Controller! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the fourth largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to become the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
The work of our finance team supports KACL’s programs by enhancing their impact and enabling the achievement of our mission. As Assistant Financial Controller your gifts and abilities will help us build a resilient, connected community where everyone belongs.
- Flexible work hours.
- A positive, productive, professional team.
- Work from home program.
- Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage.
- Our pension plan.
- Opportunity for leadership and technical training.
- Monitor and maintain KACL’s payroll system (MS Dynamics NAV).
- Review payroll, A/P, and A/R entries prepared by finance team members.
- Prepare remittances and reconciliations for source deductions, pension, and benefits.
- Manage payroll year-end, including preparation of T4s.
- Prepare payroll and general journal entries.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the finance team members.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to ensure the timely and accurate completion of government, funder, regulatory agency, and internal reports.
- Experienced: You have a degree or diploma in Finance, Accounting, or Commerce, and a professional payroll certification (or equivalent professional experience), and at least 3 years of hands-on experience.
- Detail Oriented: You’re a fellow numbers “geek”. The little things matter to you.
- Resilient: You’re fueled by your own impact, and step into deadlines with enthusiasm.
- Process Driven: You are equally happy creating and following processes.
- Analytical: You love to investigate issues and develop solutions.
- People Focused: You enjoy collaborating with, guiding, and training others. You see the entire organization as “your team.”
Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2020-25 ON YOUR APPLICATION.