Nature’s Inn is hiring an Assistant Manager! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Nature’s Inn is an independent family-owned business in Keewatin. If you are interested in becoming part of a warm, inviting and team orientated culture please consider this amazing opportunity.
Employer Name: Nature's Inn
Postal Code: P0X 1C0
Application Deadline: October 7th, 2022
Hours of Work: Part-time; weekdays, weekends, and holidays
Job Type: Part-Time
Wages: $20 - $22/hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Always able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally
- Welcome guest by greeting, answering questions, and responding to requests
- Manage walk-in traffic. Sign in guests as needed, verifying pre-registration, obtain guest information and signatures, take payment or a pre-authorization in the form of cash, debit, or credit, issuing guest room keys
- Provide quotes for room rates
- Coordinate the Front Desk with Housekeeping in terms of room readiness i.e. which rooms need to be completed in which order and check rooms after housekeeping has finished to ensure that the room is ready for the next guest
- Verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio. Collect payment for charges on the guest folio. Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift
- Answer the phone in a timely and polite manner including providing answers to questions about the Inn and the rooms.
- General office duties that include, filing, maintaining a presentable front and back of house
- Using Five Star Hotel Systems to make reservations and cancel reservations that are received via email, telephone, and Expedia.
- Resolve guest complaints and concerns within scope of authority; otherwise refer the matter to the Manager.
- Record any pertinent information in the communication book for all staff members to read so they are prepared for a successful shift
- Laundry duties including ironing
- Help Housekeeping with stripping rooms, cleaning rooms, making beds, etc.
- Have open and clear communication with the Manager and other staff to ensure an easy transition between shifts, vacation days, etc.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
Our main “must have” is a great attitude but other must haves include:
- Must have open availability 7:45am to 9:30pm (7 days a week)
- Must be able to work 5 days a week
- Must be able to work 30 plus hours a week
- Must be willing to be on-call on nights and weekends
- Must be willing to fill in for other staff members in both housekeeping and front desk
- Must be willing to do laundry including ironing
- Must have basic computer skills (email, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must have customer service experience
- Must have strong attention to detail and multitasking ability
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous Front Desk experience is an asset but not required
- Experience handling money in all forms (Debit, Credit Card, Cash)
- Basic to advanced computer knowledge is required
- An energetic, friendly, and cheerful demeanor
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Comfortable working alone and/or with little supervision
- Ability to follow instruction
- Time-management skills
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations
- Available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays (4 to 8-hour shifts between 7:45am to 9:30pm)
- Transportation to and from work
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply in person to Dayna at 1505 Erie Street HWY 17, Keewatin, ON P0X 1C0 or call the office at 547-2888
Advertising Method: General Ad