WJS Canada is hiring an Attendance Centre Facilitator! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
WJS Canada – Ontario, provides culturally-based programs and social services for children, youth and families in the northwestern Ontario communities of Kenora, Dryden and Sioux Lookout.
The WJS Northern Regional Attendance Centres offer Structured Day Supervision for youth in crisis or at risk of making unhealthy lifestyle choices. Our unique, respectful and welcoming settings provide safe, structured environments for youth development.
Employer Name: WJS Canada
Postal Code: P9N 3P6
Application Deadline: March 28th, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $25.18 - $27.92 per hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- This position provides leadership, role modeling and skills building activities to court-ordered youth in a fully integrated, non-residential service model. Responsible for planning and coordinating youths’ involvement in program components and for addressing overall developmental and social needs in order to modify thinking and behaviour in a positive direction and develop ability to manage their lives. This position requires membership with UNIFOR.
- Direct Service
- Program Operations / Administrative Tasks
- House Operations
- Community Relations
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- A degree or diploma in related humanities or social sciences
- Minimum three years related experience
- Valid class G driver’s license and proof of insurability as a driver, as well as reliable transportation
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificates
- Immunization records, and a doctor’s note stating person is fit for work, must be submitted prior to first orientation shift
- Able to develop, implement and manage outcome-based programming.
- Experience and knowledge working within Youth Criminal Justice Act.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Able to plan and implement changes in response to client needs/desires and environmental influences through interdisciplinary case management.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities, able to promote cooperative work environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices, relevant legislation, guidelines, policies and standards relating to service deliverables.
- Able to collect, organize, prepare and edit correspondence, reports and other documentation,
- Strong conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention techniques
- Commitment to quality assurance.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on company website:
Advertising Method: General Ad