Animakee Wa Zhing #37 are looking for a Band Manager! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Animakee Wa Zhing #37 is seeking applications for a Band Manager. In this high-profile position, you will be responsible for the complete operation of the First Nation community under the general direction of the elected Chief and Council.
Employer Name: Animakee Wa Zhing #37
Application Deadline: February 5th, 2021
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Competitive annual salary with a group benefit plan and pension plan available
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate policies and programs;
- Develop policies, procedures and bylaws for the review and approval of Chief and Council;
- Recommend, review, evaluate and approve documents, briefs and reports;
- Ensure appropriate systems and procedures are developed and implemented to provide budgetary control;
- Manage agreements and relationships with other levels of government;
- Maintain an open, equitable and service oriented relationship between the community and the administration;
- Assist the Chief and Council with the design and implementation of physical development and strategic plans;
- Manage the community’s infrastructure and assets.
- Manage human resources and the performance management of First Nation Staff
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- A relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, with at least five years of management experience or equivalent
- A Certified Aboriginal Professional Administrator (CAPA) designation or willingness to obtain
- Working knowledge of financial management, human resources management, and labour relations;
- A strong background in finance, including previous working knowledge of financial systems;
- Strategic and long-range planning skills, coupled with experience in organizational development/governance as well as public affairs;
- Sound decision making skills and the ability to motivate your staff will also be crucial to your success in this position;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as you will be interacting with a variety of stakeholders;
- In addition, it is essential that you have experience in writing proposals and proposal reporting as you will be required to produce, implement and report on municipal, territorial, and federal related program proposals.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying you must include a detailed cover letter, detailed resume, a copy of your current criminal records check which includes a vulnerable sector check (or proof that it has been applied for), and three (3) written references (at least 2 being from current or previous supervisors).
Advertising Method: General Ad