Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are looking for a Beer and Gear Associate! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
We are a locally owned and operated company in Kenora, Ontario on the northern shores of Lake of the Woods. We brew craft beer! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to sustainable practices, business growth and development, and building external and internal alliances to support local, fresh, and handcrafted goods and services. We are young and we are growing! Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is in a repurposed, historic fire hall in downtown Kenora with a Taproom & Eatery, Retail Store, Online Shop, and Commercial Sales – all under one roof.
If you are energetic, a self-starter, a people person, enthusiastic about craft beer and craft coffee, and love small towns, we invite you to join our team!
Beer and Gear Associate reports to the Taproom and Retail Manager. Duties listed below are the minimum requirements, other tasks maybe asked of you. Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the retail store directed by the Taproom and Retail Manager or Shift Lead.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters; suggesting items.
- Advises customers by providing information on beer products.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases; processing cash, and other credit cards.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
- Re-stocks beer fridges and clothing throughout shift
- Books beer tours
- Fills out paper works for keg rentals and returns
- Beer inventory opening and closing duties
- Re-fill growler’s for customers and keep station clean/sanitized
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must have a minimum of 2 years retail experience in a fast pace retail establishment
- Smart Serve Certified
- Start date immediate
If you are interested in this job opportunity and are passionate about working for a cutting-edge business, in a growth sector –send a covering letter and resume by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in Lake of the Woods Brewing Company but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Lake of the Woods Brewing Company are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, medical history, or any other status protected by the laws. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Lake of the Woods Brewing Company encourages applicants of all legal working ages.