YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens is hiring a Canoeing Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. The Canoeing Coordinator, under supervision of the Wilderness Coordinator, will plan and implement a canoeing program for campers that will emphasize a curriculum of flatwater paddling that will enhance the skills of all campers.
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids have a remarkable camp experience
- We are awesome!
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Postal Code: P9N 1W2
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Summer Fixed Term Employment Opportunity, June-September 1, 2024-dates TBD
Job Type: Summer
Wages: New hire-$350.00 per week & Returning staff-$375.00 per week (plus room & board)
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Able to plan and implement a quality canoeing curriculum to prepare campers as well as build on existing skills
- Check all equipment and boats daily and maintain as required
- Ensure that the equipment, boats and supplies in the area are used according to camp standards and are stored appropriately
- Ensure that the canoeing and kayaking program is running smoothly and up to quality standard
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Bronze Cross
- Experience teaching canoeing
- Globally Harmonized System (will train
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Paddling Certification
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on recruitment website at:
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Advertising Method: General Ad