Canadian Tire is hiring Cashiers! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you ready to join Canada’s most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast? Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
Summary: The Cashier team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers. This position requires delivering friendly and courteous service while processing customer purchases efficiently and correctly. This role involves the operation of a computerized cash register.
Employer Name: Canadian Tire
Postal Code: P9N 1L9
Application Deadline: October 6th, 2022
Hours of Work: Various
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: Starting at $17/hour
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Operates cash register and all point of sales functions.
- Processes customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
- Accurately verifies merchandise quantities, descriptions and prices when processing customer purchases.
- Balances cash and is aware of amount of cash on hand.
- Maintains merchandise around the cash area and ensures that retail basics are executed efficiently.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives in offering exceptional service to customers.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
- Strong mathematical ability and typing skills.
- Ability to work with computerized systems and with minimum supervision.
More about the position:
- Next levels: Customer Service Representative, Merchandiser, Cashier Supervisor, and Department Manager.
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
- Background Check Requirements
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicant for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad