The Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) are looking for Casual Registered ECE’s or ECE Assistants in Ear Falls, ON! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire Casual Registered Early Childhood Educators or Early Childhood Educator Assistants (unqualified) located in Ear Falls, Ontario to join our Childcare team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. Hours vary, and can include full-day coverage or after-school coverage. Reporting to the Registered Early Childhood Educator in Charge, the Registered ECE/ECE Assistant is responsible for providing care and supervision to children ages 0 – 12 years, through the planning and implementation of a program conducive to their emotional, physical, social and intellectual development.
Employer Name: Kenora District Services Board
Location/Address: Ear Falls, ON
Application Deadline: November 29th, 2020
Hours of Work: Various
Job Type: Various Hours
Wages: The hourly wage for this position is $20.56 - $24.80 (wage dependent on qualifications and in accordance with the Collective Agreement)
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Supervise children in both indoor and outdoor settings, while monitoring the moods of individual children, and meeting their emotional needs with appropriate action.
- Assist children in maintaining correct hygiene procedures, changing soiled clothes, and assist children in mastering basic self-sufficiency skills such as dressing and personal hygiene.
- Implement programming based on the “How Does Learning Happen?” document, ensuring that the Four Foundations for Learning and Development (Belonging, Well-Being, Engagement and Expression) are being met.
- Remain up-to-date on the special needs and parental directives related to child care, including allergy and medical plans.
- Ensure all toys, equipment and furniture remain clean, organized, and in good working condition, and report any issues to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Administer First Aid as required, and fill out correct forms as per policy guidelines
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- One (1) year experience in a child care setting
- First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR (or the willingness to obtain)
- Up to date immunization record, including TB skin test (or the willingness to obtain)
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators, or completion of a High School Diploma
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided
- A valid Ontario Class G (or equivalent) license
- The ability to work on PD Days and school holiday
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer
Advertising Method: General Ad