Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital is hiring a Chief Nursing Executive (Red Lake)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital is an 18-bed facility located in beautiful, rural Northwestern Ontario. Our catchment area includes the Municipalities of Red Lake and Ear Falls and Wabauskang First Nation. Our Hospital offers 24 hour emergency care, acute & chronic care, obstetrics, oncology, diagnostic services, rehabilitation, and a variety of day clinics. The community of Red Lake is home to approximately 5000 residents. The primary industries include mining, tourism, and forestry. Red Lake is accessible by road or by air. The town is approximately a 3-hour drive from Kenora and a five-hour drive from Winnipeg (six hours from Thunder Bay).
Employer Name: Red Lake Margaret Cochenour Memorial Hospital
City: Red Lake
Postal Code: P0V 2M0
Application Deadline: June 12th, 2023
Hours of Work: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: To be negotiated. Relocation assistance is available as well a comprehensive benefits package.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Directs and coordinates the functions of the patient care departments by planning, developing, recommending, and implementing policies and procedures that are conducive to the provision of quality care.
- Provides expertise and strategic direction that aligns with the established goals of the organization. Ensures all activities are consistent with the Hospital’s mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Works closely with the Senior Leadership Team and Chief Executive Officer. Represents the interests of the patient care departments on an organizational level.
- In addition, the CNE is responsible for the organization and overall administration of the following: Employee Health and Infection Control Program, Oncology Program, Telemedicine Program, Medical Devices and Reprocessing Department, Diabetes Education, and Diagnostic Services.
- Engages in budgeting, forecasting, and procurement, to help establish and be accountable to fiscal priorities.
- Addresses matters of quality and risk that pertain to patient safety. Participates in family conferences related to sentinel events or the complaints process.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
- Represents the Hospital at a community and regional level on various committees and / or working groups.
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the RLMCMH Board of Directors; attends Board meetings and presents relevant information to the Board related to patient care departments.
- Must be available to take administrative on-call responsibilities in a rotating call schedule.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Registered Nurse with a current registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree or equivalent.
- Masters in Nursing or Health Administration preferred.
- Nursing Leadership or equivalent Leadership Training preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience and 3 years in a nursing management role required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge of the current legislation affecting Hospitals.
- Knowledge of relevant Collective Agreements.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit CV and cover letter to Pearl Fleming at email@example.com
Advertising Method: General Ad