Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child & Family Services is hiring a Child Care Worker Full-time Union Position! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Responsible for the daily care and direct supervision of the children placed in a staffed resource unit. Create a physically safe and emotionally nurturing environment designed to assist the child in learning to cope and function positively both in the resource and in the community.
Employer Name: Kenora Rainy River Districts Child & Family Services
Postal Code: P9N 3P7
Application Deadline: october 14th, 2022
Hours of Work: 46 Hours (Bi-weekly)
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $43,133 - $53,752
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Responsible for the daily care and direct supervision of the children placed in a staffed resource unit.
- Create a physically safe and emotionally nurturing environment designed to assist the child in learning to cope and function positively both in the resource and in the community.
- Ability to demonstrate a mature and responsible adult role model.
- Knowledge of child development, behaviour management, and native culture.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Proficient in computer software applications including MS Office, and database programs
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, agency policies and procedures
- Must be able to work shift work
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Child Care Worker or Child & Youth Worker Diploma or higher
- 1-2 years of experience in a group home setting or related child care experience.
- Current certification in 1st Aid/CPR/AED.
- Trained in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Must be medically fit to work in a group home setting with proof of immunizations
- Applicants with similar academic qualifications and related experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid Class G Ontario Driver’s Licence and have access to a reliable vehicle with OPCF6A Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1000 000.00 Liability
- Clear criminal reference check, Clear Vulnerable Sector check, Clear Internal Records Check and a Clear Driver’s Abstract
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit resume with letter of application to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
820 Lakeview Drive
Fax No. (807)467-5539 ATT: HR
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
Advertising Method: General Ad