The Kenora Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is looking for one (1) Full Time Union Position and one (1) Term Union Position Child Care Worker! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below.
- Responsible for the daily care and direct supervision of children placed in staffed resource unit.
- Create a physically safe and emotionally nurturing environment designed to assist the child in learning to cope and function positively both in the resource and in the community.
- Ability to demonstrate a mature and responsible adult role model.
- Knowledge of child development, behaviour management, and native culture.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Proficient in computer software applications including MS Office, and database programs.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, agency policies and procedures
- Must be able to work shift work
- Child Care Worker or Child & Youth Worker Diploma or higher
- 1-2 years of experience in a group home setting or related child care experience.
- Current certification in 1st Aid/CPR/AED.
- Trained in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
- Must be medically fit to work in a group home setting with proof of immunizations
- Applicants with similar academic qualifications and related experience may be considered.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence and have access to a vehicle with OPCF6A Insurance endorsement and minimum of $1,000,000.00 Liability
- Clear criminal reference check, clear vulnerable sector check and a clear driver’s abstract
Please submit resume with letter of application quoting position number to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services
Fax No. (807)467-5539 ATT: HR
Kenora-Rainy River Districts Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. We would like to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit www.krrcfs.ca