Gaagiiwepinaase Child and Youth Healing Program are looking for a Full-Time Child, Youth and Family Counsellor! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Are you searching for a meaningful career where you can help improve the lives of at-risk children, youth and families? Gaagiiwepinaase Child and Youth Healing Program is now recruiting for a Child, Youth and Family Counselor position in Grassy Narrows. As a counselor, you will be responsible for helping our children and families thrive and reach their goals. You and your team will work with our youth and their families in small group settings to ensure that the individuals in our program are emotionally strong, physically safe and socially healthy. If you are ready to be a role model in the lives of young people and are looking to encourage and coach kids to be their best, this could be the right position for you.
Employer Name: Gaagiiwepinaase Child and Youth Healing Program
City: Grassy Narrows
Postal Code: P0X 1B0
Application Deadline: February 29th, 2024
Hours of Work: 40hrs per week, Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $70,000 annual salary
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Conduct counseling sessions in group or individual settings to help children, youth and families cope with problems related to family issues, abusive histories, drug and alcohol abuse, and other issues.
- Offer additional support to family members by offering them guidance and resources.
- Assist other staff members in developing an appropriate plan of success for each individual child on the caseload.
- Monitor each child’s progress and update care plans accordingly.
- Demonstrate model behavior, appropriate communication skills and positive feedback.
- Record information and document incidents as they occur to help keep track of problem behaviors.
- Act as a resource to the youth when they need guidance or advice about specific life situations or social issues.
- Help youth access outside referrals to specialists, health professionals, treatment centers, etc.
- Able to maintain professional levels of confidentiality.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Valid G drivers license
- Own transportation
- Degree or diploma in social sciences, human services or related field OR a combination of education, work and/or lived experience and micro credentials.
- Experience working with high-risk adolescents and children.
- Ability to obtain a clear criminal background check, and have flexible availability
- Excellent skills with verbal and written communication.
- Comfortable working with computers.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send 3 references, cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Advertising Method: General Ad