Kenora Chiefs Advisory is hiring a Client Navigation and Utilization Coordinator (2)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
- Engage with the patient and caregiver during the patient’s stay in the hospital;
- Develop a plan based on the patient’s goals, this plan will include culturally appropriate care decisions around
treatment, discharge navigation and post-discharge care;
- Follow-up with patient’s post-discharge to verify compliance with the treatment plan, and to mitigate any potential issues;
- Assist patients with navigation of the Non-Insured Health Benefits system for necessary post-discharge care;
- Facilitate connecting the patient with post-discharge specialty supports, such as mental health or palliative care;
- Establish relationships with Health Directors of First Nations communities;
- Develop a framework for outcome evaluation, community consultation process, establishment of targets, review
of progress, program adjustments and evaluation process;
- Prepare summaries and reports after each session, from process content and evaluation as required by the Manager;
- Participate in KCA Health Team activities as required;
- Contribute to the evaluation of service with respect to its effectiveness in meeting the community needs and achieving our mandate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting;
- Excellent skills in the following areas: computer, organization, networking, interpersonal, presentation and communication (written & oral);
- A full understanding of Anishinaabe culture, the ability to speak Ojibway.
- University degree or college diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution (health sector or social work) and/or experience working in health or social work sector.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle;
- Willing to travel (when required) to all KCA First Nation communities;
- Current satisfactory criminal reference check with vulnerable sector search.
Please forward resume cover letter and 3 references:
Human Resources Department
Kenora Chiefs Advisory
P.O. Box 349- 240 Veterans Drive, 3rd Floor
Kenora ON P9N 3X4
Position is open until filled
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted