Lake of the Woods District Hospital is looking for a Clinical Information Clerk! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love to meet new people and provide exceptional customer service? The Clinical Information Clerk (CIC) position provides an opportunity for individuals to interact with patients, families and visitors on a regular basis and to build rapport and be the face of Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH). The CIC provides the important function of registering patients and ensuring that they navigate their visit to the hospital in a safe and efficient manner. Additionally, the CIC operates the switchboard and provides reception and information to patients and visitors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Terminology Certificate
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in working with an IT based switchboard
- Knowledge of hospital terminology, office procedures and filing.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent keyboarding skills; minimum 35 wpm.
- Ability to multi-task; versatile in changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent understanding of & demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to work shift work.
- Reliable attendance record.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and MediTech software is an asset.
*Please note that the Medical Terminology certificate is readily obtainable through LWDH by purchasing the study program through the education dept. & completing an onsite exam.
Please apply online at: https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/Clinical+Information+Clerk+(CIC)+Full+Time+Interim/48123/
We thank all applicants for their interest, but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The LWDH is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807- 468-9861