Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre is hiring a Casual Clinical Nurse (RPN)! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre is a community based, Indigenous controlled, Primary Care service that combines western curative care with traditional Ojibway healing philosophies and practices. The Access Centre provides clinical, social, health promotion and preventive services, as well as, access to traditional Ojibway healers.
The Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre, located in the heart of the Fort Frances Tribal Area and the Rainy River District, is the result of a unique partnership between area First Nations, the United Native Friendship Centre and the Sunset Country Metis.
Employer Name: Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre
City: Fort Frances
Postal Code: P9A 3M9
Application Deadline: June 11th, 2022
Hours of Work: Casual, 1-2 days per week
Job Type: Various Hours
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
As a key member of an interdisciplinary health care team, the casual Clinical Nurse will provide support and assistance to the Primary Care Physician and Nurse Practitioners in the delivery of quality services to patients of the Access Centre. This shall include the administration of medication and treatment procedures as directed, as well as planning, implementing and evaluating patient care plans. The Clinic Nurse will also play an active role in the delivery of health initiatives to community members throughout the Rainy River District. As a part of our team, we offer competitive compensation and benefits, including the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Completion of a college, university or other approved nursing program.
- Currently licensed to practice nursing in the Province of Ontario
- Member of the RPNAO
- Certification in venipuncture and demonstrated competency in immunizations on adults and children
- Demonstrated competency in EKG procedure
- 3-5 years recent clinical experience
- Experience in delivering health services in First Nation communities
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the health needs of Aboriginal people, their culture and traditions and ability to speak Ojibway an asset
- Valid Driver’s license and willingness to travel within the Rainy River District
- As per policy, applicants should note that COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment within
- Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
A complete Job Description is available by contacting Cheryl McEvoy, Human Resources/Office Manager at 274-3131.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume, covering letter, 3 work related references (one must be from a current or most recent supervisor) and written authorization to contact references.
Attention: Personnel Committee
Gizhewaadiziwin Health Access Centre
RMB 2004, RR #2
Fort Frances, ON
We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Gizhewaadiziwin is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or interviewing, please advise if you require accommodation
Advertising Method: General Ad