The Kenora & District Chamber of Commerce is seeking to hire a full-time Communications & Marketing Assistant for one year who, under the supervision of the Chamber Manager, will be responsible for increasing the Chamber’s presence, visibility and social media profile in the Kenora District.
The specific duties and responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
• Manage the KDCC’s web-presence through enhancements to the website and social media
• Aid members in accessing available resources for individual businesses
• Research, development and implementation of new programs and services to serve membership needs
• Research, develop and coordinate a new membership recruitment campaign
• Assist with the coordination of annual events including the Business Awards Banquet, Kenora Home and Leisure Show, networking events and training initiatives
• Attend and assist with meetings as required
• Government relations
The ideal candidate will have superb written and verbal communication skills. Excellent knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office, website management and social media. A proficiency test will accompany the interview.
• Graduated from a post-secondary diploma or degree in business, marketing, journalism, media arts or related discipline within the last three years from an accredited university or college.
• The position must provide the assistant with first fulltime employment in their field of study.
• Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time.
• Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Kelly Smith, Manager
Kenora & District Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 471, 101 Park Street, Kenora, Ontario, P9N 3X5
Phone: 807.467.4646 | Fax: 807.468.3056 | Cell phone: 807.464.6130