Grand Council Treaty #3 is looking for a Community Justice Worker! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services, invites applications from Treaty #3 Nation for a full time Treaty #3 Community Justice Worker for the Rainy River District First Nations based in Fort Frances. The CJW will provide support one to one services to Rainy River District Community members, assisting Treaty #3 Community Justice staff to coordinate diversion of members who are referred by community, police and courts.
- Assist Treaty #3 Community Justice staff to coordinate justice programs to community members who are referred by community, police and courts.
- Give direction and advocate for community members that have endured traumatic circumstances.
- Provide guidance for the healing process.
- Assist Bail Supervision Staff in supervising Bail Court orders, monitor bail release conditions and provide support to Indigenous clients in the Bail Verification and Supervision Program.
- A college diploma or equivalent experience in social work, mental health, law, or related area.
- Two years’ experience and knowledge of First Nation issues and the current legal system is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that take into consideration the complexity of information and intended audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships with GCT3 staff, Treaty #3 First Nations, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently and manage workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and adjust to constant change.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Must have a clear criminal check record with vulnerable sector.
- Frequent travel is required
Please Submit Cover Letter, Resume with 3 References to:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resource Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7 Fax: 807-548-6356
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted.