Shibogama First Nations Council are looking for a Community Liaison/Case Manager! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Community Liaison / Case Manager has a key role in ensuring that Shibogama community members receive continuity in care when they require mental health services while away from home. Their role is to also respond to requests from community members who reside in other communities and require access to services.
Employer Name: Shibogama First Nations Council
City: Sioux Lookout
Postal Code: P8T 1A5
Application Deadline: March 17th, 2021
Hours of Work: Term position until March 31, 2022, with possibility of extension based on funding
Job Type: Various Hours
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Maintain and enhance formal partnerships with the Shibogama First Nation communities.
- Support community collaboration, involvement, and support to ensure there is an effective case management system in place in each community to provide services to community members while they are away from home for specialized treatment related to mental health.
- Work closely with community-based case managers to ensure that service referrals are addressed in a proficient and effective manner, and clients access appropriate counselling and treatment services while they are away from their community.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in one of the helping disciplines from a recognized university.
- Two years management and administration experience in First Nations’ health services/mental health and addictions services.
- Five years direct service experience in mental health and addictions.
- Knowledge and experience in working with First Nation, provincial and federal government systems of health.
- Membership or membership qualification in a recognized provincial regulatory body is preferred
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
A full job description is available upon request from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to:
Shibogama First Nations Council
P.O. Box 449, 81 King St
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1A5
We wish to thank in advance all those who submit applications. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Advertising Method: General Ad