The Municipality of Sioux Lookout is looking for a Full-Time Cook! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Under the direction of the Day Care Manager or Day Care Supervisor, this position is responsible for planning and providing meals and snacks to the children in the program that are safe, healthy and age appropriate.
- Plan menu two (2) weeks in advance observing the Canada Food Guide. Review the menu with the Day Care Manager or Assistant Day Care Manager upon completion. Ensure planned menus are based on the needs of
each individual group.
- Prepare a morning snack, noon meal, and afternoon snack ensuring that all meals are prepared in accordance with Canada Food Guide – Balanced Diet.
- Maintain awareness of food allergies and ensure that children with food allergies are provided with an appropriate substitute for food they cannot eat.
- Purchase groceries on a weekly basis, including food items required by Teachers for program use. Maintain a record of all purchases.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and eating areas
- Laundry and housekeeping duties as required
- Sanitize toys on weekly basis
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License.
- Must have personal vehicle available during work hours to complete shopping duties.
- Minimum three (3) to six (6) months of relevant experience in preparing meals for large groups.
- Ability to work with children.
- Ability to organize and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Must have strong knowledge of the Canada Food Guide and be able to plan menus that meet its recommendations.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to maintain Oath of Confidentiality at all times.
- Must pass Criminal Record check.
To apply for this opportunity, you are invited to submit a detailed resume to the undersigned. This position will be advertised until filled.
Human Resources Department
Municipality of Sioux Lookout
25 Fifth Avenue, Box 158
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1A4
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 807-737-2700 Fax: 807-737-8067
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used for the purpose of job selection. Any queries relating to the collection of personal information should be directed to the Municipal Clerk. For additional information visit our website at www.siouxlookout.ca. The Municipality of
Sioux Lookout is an equal opportunity employer.