Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring a Cook! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Organizational Background: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a new Not-For-Profit organization created by the Kenora Chiefs Advisory (KCA). Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care mission is to be a centre of excellence which delivers inclusive quality and culturally appropriate care to Elders and the citizens of Kenora and surrounding communities. Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care is a 96-bed Long-Term Care facility in Kenora, Ontario, with a “Heart” to serve our Elders and community members.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Support Services Manager, Cooks participates in the provision of dietary services.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 4J7
Application Deadline: February 9th, 2023
Hours of Work: Part-time Permanent position (15 hours bi-weekly) or Part-time Temporary position (45 hours bi-weekly)
Job Type: Part-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Carry out assigned dietary duties, as assigned by Support Services Manager.
- Following therapeutic menu plan.
- Meal, nourishment, and supplement preparation and presentation.
- Directs dietary aides in basic food preparation procedures and serving activities
- Adhering to legislative requirements (e.g., Public Health, WHIMIS, Provincial Licensing body).
- Cleaning, disinfecting, ensuring hygiene and adherence to infection control standards.
- Carry out all assigned duties in compliance with applicable Occupational Health and Safety legislation and Organization Policy.
- Follow Safe work practices as direct by their supervisor and as required by the applicable Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- Demonstrated commitment to work with seniors.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Support Services Manager.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors, and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Secondary School Diploma.
- Chef training or Culinary Management certification or diploma from a program that meets the requirements of the OLTCH Act. – OR –
- Certificate of qualifications as a Cook issued by an authority meeting the requirements of the OLTCH Act, – OR –
- Post-Secondary diploma in food and nutrition management or a post-secondary degree in food and nutrition.
- Successful completion of Food handler training program by October 1, 2010, and maintenance of this
- Red Seal certification preferred.
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job.
- High standard of personal conduct and self-discipline, both personally and professionally.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated no later than 6 months from date of hire.
- Excellent organization, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and computer skills and time management skills.
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination and Influenza Vaccination
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please forward resume, cover letter and 3 references- including 1 professional reference, via email only.
Human Resource Department
Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care
237 Lakeview Drive Kenora ON, P9N 4J7
Advertising Method: General Ad