YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens is hiring a Counsellor! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a unique opportunity for everyone. As a camp counsellor you will work directly with campers, ensuring they have a safe, fun, supportive and positive experience while helping them to grow and develop as individuals.
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids have a remarkable camp experience
- We are awesome!
Employer Name: YMCA-YWCA Camp Stephens
Postal Code: P9N 1W2
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Hours of Work: Full Time, Spring/Summer Fixed Term Employment Opportunity, Spring (May-June) & Summer (late June-September 1, 2024-dates TBD)
Job Type: Summer
Wages: New hire-$350.00 per week & Returning staff-$375.00 per week (plus room & board)
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Able to plan and deliver age and ability appropriate camp programs
- Supports and supervises campers at all scheduled activities
- Able to manage cabin group dynamics to ensure a positive experience for all campers
- Willing to ensure the needs of assigned campers are being met (including physical, emotional, social, medical and nutritional)
- Provides additional support to the larger team as needed
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Bronze Cross
- Globally Harmonized System (will train
- Canoe Tripping I
- National Lifeguard (NL)
- Advanced First Aid and other outdoor activity certifications
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please apply on recruitment website at:
The Y is entrusted to provide a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
Advertising Method: General Ad