Kenora Chiefs Advisory is hiring Crisis Counsellors (2 FTE)! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Kenora Chiefs Advisory is seeking Crisis Counsellors to deliver culturally safe, trauma informed clinical crisis intervention
to thirteen (13) First Nation communities in the Treaty #3 territory. This includes individual/family/group focused short-term counselling/debriefing in a community-based setting to stabilize crisis situations.
Do you want to work for a health care organization that changes people’s lives? One that not only cares deeply about clients, but also values that its employees are its greatest Gifts! We’re looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our clients and within KCA. Discover What’s Possible!
Employer Name: Kenora Chiefs Advisory
Postal Code: P9N 3X4
Application Deadline: October 10th, 2022
Hours of Work: 2 FTE
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Provide and coordinate a holistic, optimal and quality family focused, community based clinical and bi cultural crisis
and mental wellness interventions/healing
- Organize and manage the logistics and service delivery of the Short-Term Crisis program
- Provide collaborative discharge planning and after care
- Develop individualized care/wellness plans with and for each family and/or client, utilizing Anishinaabe healers, knowledge holders, ceremonies and medicines
- Maintain acceptable clinical standards and procedures of crisis counselling, recordings, file management and file safety
- Create linkages to other programs and organizations for referrals, case management needs
- Ensure accurate documentation of program statistics and activities
- Participate in Mental Health and Addictions Team meetings as required
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- University degree preferably in social work. College diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with
experience in children services will also be considered
- Requirement of at least 2 years’ experience in counseling children and youth
- Ability to deal with crisis and post-crisis situations
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of the Anishinaabe culture and language
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Travel outside the Treaty 3 territory as required, may be for extended periods of time.
- Applicants should possess a valid driver’s license/insurance, have a vehicle and be willing to travel when required
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please forward resume cover letter and 3 references to:
Human Resource Department
Kenora Chiefs Advisory
P.O. Box 349- 240 Veterans Drive, 3rd Floor
Kenora ON P9N 3X4
We thank all that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position is open until filled
Advertising Method: General Ad