Kiizhik Education Corporation is hiring an Culture & Language Resource Worker! For more information about this LEAP Job Posting, Check out the details below!
Kiizhik Education Corporation is looking for a Culture & Language Resource Worker for the 2023/2024 School Year. The Culture & Language Resource will develop, support and advise on cultural practices for the school to facilitate the preservation and promotion of Anishinaabe traditions to enhance positive and strong cultural identity.
Employer Name: Kiizhik Education Corporation
Postal Code: P9N3W7
Application Deadline: December 21 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Sharing knowledge with and direction to staff, students, and parents/caregivers regarding cultural values, beliefs, traditions and perspectives on individual, family and community life.
- Work to ensure and improve Anishinaabe student success through Cultural teachings
- Planning and implementation of the Anishinaabe language and culture program delivery to JK-High school.
- Assist in the development of Anishinaabe language and culture curriculum and resources.
- Lead morning prayer and smudge to the whole school
- Ensure the schools consistently provides culturally appropriate services
- Share culture practices with staff, students, and parents/caregivers
- Co-develop and implement training plan on cultural practices in collaboration with the staff
- Share cultural practices with staff, teaching and traditions that workers can implement in day-to-day work
- Provide cultural teachings and ceremonies
- Open and close and attend all meetings and gatherings an ensure that our meetings follow traditional protocol
- Establish linkage with community traditional helpers
- Support the needs of all students
- Implement/support Anishinaabe language and culture in the classroom
- Supervision schedule (bus& recess)
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language.
- A thorough knowledge of Anishinaabe traditions and culture.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or a Bachelor of Education is considered an asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit resume and cover letter with three professional references by December 06, 2023 at 4:00PM.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION ONLINE, E-MAIL, OR FAX TO:
Kiizhik Education Corporation
Attention: Human Resources Manager
598 Lakeview Drive, Kenora, ON P9N 3P7
Website: www.kiizhik.ca Fax: (807) 468-3908 e-mail: Careers@bimose.ca
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad