BiMose Tribal Council (Gaagagekiizhik GaKinoo’amaawadiiwi’gamig GaKinoo’amaawasowin and Bimose Community High School) are looking for a Culture and Language Resource! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Culture & Language Resource is responsible for providing direct and indirect cultural and Language services to Kiizhik Education Corporation (which includes Gaagagekiizhik GaKinoo’amaawadiiwi’gamig GaKinoo’amaawasowin and Bimose Community High School). The Culture & Language Resource will develop, support and advise on cultural practices for the schools to facilitate the preservation and promotion of traditional to enhance positive and strong cultural identity.
Employer Name: BiMose Tribal Council
Location/Address: Kenora, ON
Application Deadline: October 28th, 2020
Hours of Work: Various
Job Type: Various Hours
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- The Culture & Language Resource is responsible for sharing knowledge with and direction to staff, students, and parents/caregivers regarding cultural values, beliefs, traditions and perspectives on individual, family and community life.
- Work to ensure and improve Anishinaabe student success through Cultural teachings
- Planning and implementation of the Anishinaabe language and culture program delivery to JK-High school.
- Assist in the development of Anishinaabe language and culture curriculum and resources.
- Lead morning prayer and smudge to the whole school
- Ensure the schools consistently provides culturally appropriate services
- Share culture practices with staff, students, and parents/caregivers
- Co-develop and implement training plan on cultural practices in collaboration with the staff
- Share with staff cultural practices, teaching and traditions that workers can implement in day-to-day work
- Provide cultural teachings and ceremonies are required
- Open and close and attend all meetings and gatherings an ensure that our meetings follow traditional protocol
- Establish linkage with community traditional helpers
- Support the needs of all students
- Implement/support Anishinaabe language and cultural in the classroom
- Supervision schedule (bus& recess)
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language.
- A thorough knowledge of Anishinaabe traditions and culture.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or a Bachelor of Education is considered an asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Along with their resume and cover letter applicants must submit a current criminal record check and three references with at least one from their last place of employment. A cover letter and a resume with three professional references must be submitted.
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAIL, E-MAIL, IN PERSON, OR FAX TO:
Attn: Human Resources
C/o Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
598 Lakeview Drive
Telephone: (807) 468-5551 Fax: (807) 468-3908 e-mail: email@example.com
Late applications will be returned. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Advertising Method: General Ad