Kiizhik Education Corporation are looking for a Culture and Language Resource! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Culture & Language Resource is responsible for providing direct and indirect cultural and Language services to Kiizhik Education Corporation (which includes Gaagagekiizhik GaKinoo’amaawadiiwi’gamig GaKinoo’amaawasowin and Bimose Community High School). The Culture & Language Resource will develop, support and advise on cultural practices for the schools to facilitate the preservation and promotion of Anishinaabe traditions to enhance positive and strong cultural identity.
Employer Name: Kiizhik Education Corporation
Application Deadline: January 21st, 2021
Phone: 807) 468-5551
Hours of Work: Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- The Culture & Language Resource is responsible for sharing knowledge with and direction to staff, students,and parents/caregivers regarding cultural values, beliefs, traditions and perspectives on individual, family and community life.
- Work to ensure and improve Anishinaabe student success through Cultural teachings
- Planning and implementation of the Anishinaabe language and culture program delivery to JK-High school.
- Assist in the development of Anishinaabe language and culture curriculum and resources.
- Lead morning prayer and smudge to the whole school
- Ensure the schools consistently provides culturally appropriate services
- Share culture practices with staff, students, and parents/caregivers
- Co-develop and implement training plan on cultural practices in collaboration with the staff
- Share cultural practices with staff, teaching and traditions that workers can implement in day-to-day work
- Provide cultural teachings and ceremonies
- Open and close and attend all meetings and gatherings an ensure that our meetings follow traditional protocol
- Establish linkage with community traditional helpers
- Support the needs of all students
- Implement/support Anishinaabe language and culture in the classroom
- Supervision schedule (bus& recess)
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language.
- A thorough knowledge of Anishinaabe traditions and culture.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or a Bachelor of Education is considered an asset.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Along with their resume and cover letter applicants must submit a current criminal record check and three references with at least one from their last place of employment. A cover letter and a resume with three professional references must be submitted. PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAIL, E-MAIL, IN PERSON, OR FAX TO:
Attn: Human Resources
C/o Kiizhik Education Corp
598 Lakeview Dr
Telephone: (807) 468-5551
Fax: (807) 468-3908
Late applications will be returned. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Advertising Method: General Ad