ServiceOntario is looking for 2 Temporary Part-Time Customer Care Representatives! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
What can I expect to do in this role?
• provide quality in-person, front counter customer services by providing timely and accurate information related to government programs, products and services in a retail and customer service oriented environment;
• provide interpretation of guidelines, directives and procedures;
• provide guidance and support to customers in completing documents and forms, and in the use of public access workstations (i.e., online small business registration);
• provide guidance and support to customers experiencing problems accessing or obtaining specialized information, and refer to the appropriate program area or organization for resolution;
• process business and individual customer transactions accurately by determining eligibility and required documents, for multiple government programs and update electronic databases simultaneously;
• collect and process payments, issuing refunds, and reconcile payments with transactions;
• maintain administrative files.
Customer Service and Communication Skills:
• You have experience providing customer services, ability to respond to inquiries, provide advice and information, in a high-volume environment.
• You are a clear, concise oral communicator and can ask appropriate questions to better understand customer inquiries before responding.
• You have written communication skills to prepare correspondence.
• You have interpersonal skills to interact with the public and resolve customer complaints.
Problem-Solving and Analytical Skills:
• You have analytical and problem-solving skills to probe for information, assess situations and determine appropriate course of action.
• You can analyze information to determine the underlying needs of the customer beyond those that may have been initially expressed.
• You have good judgement and tact when interacting with customers.
Team Work and Organizational Skills:
• You can work in a team environment and ensure that operational requirements are being met.
• You can interact with other team members to discuss varying points of views, ideas and opinions to help make decisions.
• You have planning and organization skills to organize and prioritize workloads while maintaining efficiency and accuracy.
• You have the ability to learn and process government services and programs at the municipal, provincial, and federal level.
• You have the ability to conduct research and apply relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines i.e. Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, etc.) in order to support the accurate completion of forms and transactions.
Financial and Administrative Skills:
• You have experience handling cash, and operating cash registers and point of sale machines to process monetary transactions.
• You can accurately calculate fees, collect money, balance floats, prepare deposits and reports.
• You have administrative skills and can accurately maintain filing systems.
• You are proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email and internet applications.
• You have experience using computers (i.e. Internet, databases, and electronic manuals) to research, retrieve and summarize information.
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number 148041 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
• In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.