Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring Dietary Aids! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care are a growing and innovative, forward-thinking, not-for-profit Long-term Care Home in the Heart of Northwestern Ontario, that is working to invest in a Culturally Safe atmosphere and work life balance for all our employees.
We are looking for likeminded future team members to apply for our Dietary Aide position we have open at Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care. Join a workforce with a strong focus on Residents Bill of Rights, and the 7 Grandfather Teachings, which are the lead visions of our Mission and Values. Within the next few years Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care will be moving into a NEW 160 bed Long-term Care Home facility and we invite you to grow with us.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Support Services Manager, Dietary participates in the provision of Dietary services.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 2L3
Application Deadline: September 27, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: Per existing Collective Agreement.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Basic understanding of Therapeutic Diets
- Solid understanding of portion control
- Knowledge of H.A.C.C.P.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
- Follows the nutritional guidelines as prescribed for the resident
- Supports the unique needs of residents, e.g.: adaptive aides, opening containers etc.
- Monitoring inventory of supplies
- Demonstrated commitment to work with seniors.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decisionmaking authority and/or brings to the attention of the Support Services Manager.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors, and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Receiving grocery deliveries and putting away groceries in Storeroom, walk – in Refrigerator and walk – in Freezer.
- Cleaning and mopping storage room, fridge and freezer.
- Always maintain safe environment. Perform duties according to health and safety work practices and report all injuries and hazards to the Supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Successful completion and/or enrollment in a Food Service Worker Program meeting the requirements of the OLTCH act. Requires. If enrolled, must complete program within 3 years of hire date.
- Successful completion of a Food Handler Training Program by October 1, 2010, and maintenance of this qualifications required.
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High standard of personal conduct and self-discipline, both personally and professionally.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated no later than 6 months from date of hire.
- Excellent organization, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a Wiigwas Elders and Seniors team member.
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination and Influenza Vaccination.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please forward resume, cover letter and 3 references- including 1 professional reference, via email only.
Human Resource Department
Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care
237 Lakeview Drive
Kenora ON, P9N 4J7
Advertising Method: General Ad