Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is hiring Dietary Aides! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Organizational Background:Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care is a new Not-For-Profit organization created by the Kenora Chiefs Advisory (KCA). Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care mission is to be a center of excellence which delivers inclusive quality and culturally appropriate care to Elders and the citizens of Kenora and surrounding communities. Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care is a 96-bed Long-Term Care facility in Kenora, Ontario, with a “Heart” to serve our Elders and community members.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Support Services Manager, Dietary participates in the provision of Dietary services.
Employer Name: Wiigwas Elder and Senior Care
Postal Code: P9N 2L3
Application Deadline: February 9th, 2023
Hours of Work: Temporary Part Time (52.5 hours bi-weekly or 37.5 bi-weekly)
Job Type: Part-Time
Wages: Per existing Collective Agreement.
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Basic understanding of Therapeutic Diets
- Solid understanding of portion control
- Knowledge of H.A.C.C.P.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20lbs.
- Follows the nutritional guidelines as prescribed for the resident
- Supports the unique needs of residents, e.g.: adaptive aides, opening containers etc.
- Monitoring inventory of supplies
- Demonstrated commitment to work with seniors.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decisionmaking authority and/or brings to the attention of the Support Services Manager.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors, and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Receiving grocery deliveries and putting away groceries in Storeroom, walk – in Refrigerator and walk – in Freezer.
- Cleaning and mopping storage room, fridge and freezer.
- Always maintain safe environment. Perform duties according to health and safety work practices and report all injuries and hazards to the Supervisor immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Successful completion and/or enrollment in a Food Service Worker Program meeting the requirements of the OLTCH act. Requires. If enrolled, must complete program within 3 years of hire date.
- Successful completion of a Food Handler Training Program by October 1, 2010, and maintenance of this qualifications required.
- First Aid & CPR Certificate preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High standard of personal conduct and self-discipline, both personally and professionally.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check dated no later than 6 months from date of hire.
- Excellent organization, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a Wiigwas Elders and Seniors team member.
- Proof of Full COVID 19 Vaccination and Influenza Vaccination.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please forward resume, cover letter and 3 references- including 1 professional reference, via email only.
Human Resource Department
Wiigwas Elders and Seniors Care
237 Lakeview Drive
Kenora ON, P9N 4J7
Advertising Method: General Ad