Bimose Tribal Council are looking for a Direct Education Services Manager! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Direct Education Services Manager is responsible for the overall coordination, and delivery of education services and programs to the member First Nations of Bimose Tribal Council; Kiizhik Education Corporation and Gaagagekiizhigook Ganawenimaawasowin Wigiiwaam Child Care Centre. The Manager reports directly to the Executive Director. The preferred candidate will have an exemplary track record in a senior administrative/ leadership role in a school, school board, or First Nation education organization.
Employer Name: Bimose Tribal Council
Application Deadline: April 12th, 2021
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Coordinates second level education services with the nine First Nation Communities served by Bimose Tribal Council and supervision of Kiizhik School
- Provides Supervision to the School Principals; Daycare Supervisor; and Education Administrative Assistant;
- Oversees contractors working on proposal-based funding for education programs.
- Assisting the First Nations in establishing and maintaining standards for curriculum
- development, culture and language, school operational policies and procedures; and teacher recruitment and retention.
- Assisting the First Nations in efforts to engage parents and families in supporting a continuum of cultural values, language reinforcement, and the alignment of educational goals to community needs;
- Seeking funding opportunities to enhance the supports and opportunities for First Nations and for students attending Kiizhik School;
- Communicates with Indigenous Services Canada and other funding agencies; assists communities with reporting requirements to funders.
- Develops and implements training programs for secondary and post-secondary work experience; oversees the Skills Link program
- Oversees the Reciprocal Education Agreement with both the Keewatin Patricia and Kenora Catholic School Boards
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Bachelor of Education;
- Member in Good Standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Extensive knowledge of the Ontario provincial education system.
- Experience in the education of Anishinaabe students.
- Experience working with First Nation schools
- Fluency in Anishinaabemowin would be an asset.
- A thorough knowledge of Anishinaabe traditions and culture.
- Awareness of the Treaties in Canada, especially knowledge of Treaty #3, and First Nation governance.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please submit resume and cover letter with a current vulnerable sector check (if possible) and three professional references. PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATION BY MAIL (marked as confidential), E-MAIL, IN PERSON, or FAX to:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources Manager
598 Lakeview Drive
Telephone: (807) 468-5551 * Fax: (807) 468-3908 * e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad