Wesway (Respite Services) is hiring Direct Respite Providers! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
What is Respiteservices.com?
Respiteservices.com is an online database of pre-screened Direct Respite Providers looking to provide support to families of individuals with a special need/chronic health condition.
Direct Respite Providers work directly for families, either as an independent contractor or as an employee of the family. Respite Providers organize their schedule with families, at a time and in a way that works best for everyone.
Employer Name: Wesway (Respite Services)
Postal Code: P9N 1S8
Application Deadline: March 4, 2024
Phone: (807) 625-6645 or (807) 625-6678
Hours of Work: Part-Time/Casual (Days, Evenings, Weekends, Overnights, Summer)
Job Type: Part-Time
Wages: To be negotiated with the family
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
Respiteservices.com is looking for Direct Respite Providers to provide social, recreational, and personal support to children, adults, and seniors with a special need/chronic health condition in the Kenora/Rainy River area, while giving family caregivers a much-needed break from their caregiving duties. This support can be provided in the family home or in the community.
Direct Respite Providers come from a variety of backgrounds with a variety of skills and experience levels. They are self-motivated, committed to inclusion, and passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of the people they serve.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Experience and/or education supporting individuals with a special need/chronic health condition
- Good working knowledge of community resources/programming for individuals with special needs
- First Aid + CPR certificate and access to a vehicle is an asset
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
- Submit your online application to www.respiteservices.com and attach a resume
Successful applicants will be granted an interview and must:
- Provide three work/volunteer-related references
- Consent to provide a clear Criminal References Check with a Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Attend a Direct Respite Provider Information Session
Upon completion of these steps, a Direct Funding Coordinator with provide support to facilitate matches between Direct Respite Providers and families. Training and supervision is provided by the family.
Applying on respiteservices.com/supportyourway.ca
The first step to becoming a Direct Respite Provider involves setting up a profile on respiteservices.com/supportyourway.ca
To do this,
- Visit www.respiteservices.com or supportyourway.ca
- Under ‘Select your community’, choose ‘Ontario’ and ‘Kenora/Rainy River’ and click either English or French to proceed
- From the menu on the left-hand side of the next screen, choose ‘Direct Respite Provider Application’
- Scroll towards the bottom and click ‘Ontario Respite Provider Application’ and select the communities you are able to work in
- From here you will complete your profile information
- Please be specific and thorough as possible. This profile is used to demonstrate your skills to potential families
If successful in the screening process, a Coordinator will contact you for an interview. Should you be successful, they will activate your profile with a username and password so that you may manage your profile going forward.
Please contact Selena Greenough at (807) 625-6645 or Patricia Chehowy at (807) 625-6678 with any questions or issues you may have.
Advertising Method: General Ad