Birchwood Terrace are looking for a Full-Time Director of Care! For more information on this LEAP job postings, check out the details below!
Candidates are invited to apply for the full time, permanent, position of Director of Care (DOC) at Birchwood Terrace; a 96-bed accredited long-term care facility located in Kenora, Ontario. Reporting to the Executive Director, is accountable for assisting with the management of all aspects of nursing care within the facility to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
Employer Name: Birchwood Terrace
Location/Address: Kenora, ON
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2020
Hours of Work: Full-Time
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Assists in implementation and evaluation of the nursing department quality improvement initiatives, risk management systems, data collection and analysis, report writing, procedural updates;
- Takes the lead in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care (i.e. falls, restraint use, wound management, Infection Control)
- Effectively manages utilization of nursing supplies
- Responsible for the High Intensity Needs program
- Maintains a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level that maximizes staff resources and contributes to Extendicare Scarborough’s interdisciplinary team approach to resident care
- Effectively supports the RAI-MDS program
- Maintains an active presence in the Resident Home Areas mentoring staff while overseeing the provision of quality resident care
- Initiates investigative and corrective actions related to occupational health and safety; develops and monitors modified work programs for nursing personnel
- Works collaboratively with the management team on special projects, reviews, and other duties as may be assigned
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Registered Nurse; BSCN required
- Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of three years’ experience in long term care; experience in supervision of staff previous management experience an asset
- Current knowledge of clinical issues for geriatric residents, infection control, principles of adult education and quality improvement
- Knowledge of RAI MDS
- Demonstrated superior leadership and organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word; Excel, computerized resident care and assessment programs
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, current nursing and healthcare practices; demonstrates
- concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Interested applicants should forward their resume to the attention of:
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Advertising Method: General Ad