Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe’iyewigamig (WNHAC) is hiring a Director of Clinic and Interprofessional Operations! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Our purpose is to foster healthy Indigenous people, families, and communities. Our interprofessional teams include health professionals, educators, and support workers representing both traditional Anishinaabe and contemporary models of care, and use wholistic health and community development concepts
As a member of the senior leadership team, this position plays a key role in overall leadership and achievement of the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic directions through the operation of its clinic facilities. This positions function is to lead planning, implementation, and evaluation of systems and processes to facilitate effective clinic and interprofessional team operations that reflect the wholistic model of care.
NOTE: Traditional practices involving burning sacred medicines including tobacco, sweetgrass, sage and cedar and other cultural protocols occur regularly within our work setting.
Employer Name: Waasegiizhig Nanaandawe'iyewigamig (WNHAC)
Postal Code: P9N 1Y9
Application Deadline: March 21st, 2023
Hours of Work: Full-time
Job Type: Full-Time
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Post-secondary degree or regulated health professional with extensive related work experience including management and administrative roles;
- Deep understanding and experience of Anishinaabe culture, values, and perspectives as well as traditional and contemporary health care practices, and wholistic health and wellbeing; ability to speak and understand Anishinaabemowin a definite asset;
- Ability to work in a collaborative, de-colonial, trauma-informed, and client-centered approach and to support WNHAC values in meaningful ways;
- Demonstrated leadership capacity, critical thinking/analysis, organizational skills, and ability to facilitate effective meetings;
- Certification from the Canadian healthcare association, health information management association, or similar institution a definite asset;
- Knowledge of and commitment to community-based health and resources;
- Willingness and ability to travel;
- Valid drivers’ license and own vehicle required; copy of current drivers’ abstract required;
- Current criminal records check required;
- Commitment to ongoing training and professional development relevant to job requirements;
- Positive attitude and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model.
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
Please send resume with covering letter and three references, to:
Director of Clinic and Interprofessional Operations Position
Fax: (807) 467-8341
Phone: (888) MYWNHAC
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, please note Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad