Animakee Wa Zhing #37 are looking for a Director of Finance/Senior Financial Officer! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Director of Finance will be responsible for a wide range of duties, including supervision of all finance department staff, ensuring compliance with the First Nation’s Financial Administration By-Law and all funding agreements, budget preparations, audit responsibilities, regular financial reporting and the overall management of the First Nation’s finance department. A more detailed job description is available on request and will be provided to the successful candidate prior to the execution of the written employment agreement.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in financial management or a related degree, with at least five (5) years of financial management experience or equivalent;
- Preference will be given to applicants who have any of the following designations: Chartered Accountant, Chartered General Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Advance Certificate in Accounting
- A certified Aboriginal Professional Administrator (CAPA) designation or be willing to obtain;
- Working knowledge of human resources management, and labor relations;
- A strong background in finance, including previous working knowledge of financial systems;
- Extensive knowledge of accounting practices and procedures, financial principles and concepts;
- Experience overseeing and monitoring budgets;
- Strategic and long-range planning skills;
- Sound decision-making skills and the ability to motivate your staff will also be crucial to your success in this position;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as you will be interacting with a variety of stakeholders;
- In addition, it is essential that you have experience in writing proposals and proposal reporting as you will be required to produce, implement and report on municipal, territorial, and federal related program proposals.
- Because the Director of Finance is responsible for working with and ensuring that the financial needs of the community are met, preference will be given to qualified candidates with experience working in aboriginal communities and qualified aboriginal applicants.
Please apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying you must include a detailed cover letter, detailed resume, a copy of your current (within 30 days) criminal records check which includes a vulnerable sector check (or proof that it has been applied for), and three written references (at least two being from previous supervisors).