Grand Council Treaty #3 is hiring a Discharge Planning Coordinator! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
The Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services, invites applications from the Treaty Three Territory for a full-time Discharge Planning Coordinator position located in Kenora, ON. This position will assist in the discharge case planning and transportation of Treaty #3 members who have been released from the Kenora and regional courts back to their communities. Working with the Kaakewaaseya Bail Supervision and Verification Program, the applicant will supervise Bail Court orders, monitor bail release conditions, and support Indigenous clients.
- Appear in court as required
- Consult with Duty Council or Crown Attorney for any potential releases.
- Maintain updated files and tracking of releases to communities and send updated discharge release forms.
- Communicate regularly with the Team Lead and Bail Program staff to ensure that released clients are taken to the correct location per court order.
- General van maintenance, scheduled oil changes, and tire rotations are among the duties that must be completed as needed.
- Maintain accurate mileage logs for every trip.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Graduation from, or work-related experience in, the following fields: Law and Justice, Law Enforcement, Social Work, Psychology, and Community Services
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture, traditions and practices; Ability to speak Ojibway or Oji-Cree is an asset
- Knowledge of historic and current forms of colonialism, systemic discrimination, and barriers facing Aboriginal communities.
- Experience in counselling and crisis intervention
- Project a positive, friendly and professional attitude
- Ability to articulate criminal and social justice issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
The Discharge Planning Coordinator is responsible to the Treaty #3 Justice Director for day-to-day activities, and the GCT#3 Executive Director for overall work performance.
Please send a resume and cover letter including three (3) references to:
Attention: Human Resources Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Fax: (807) 467-2341
Competitive salary and benefits. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.