Grand Council Treaty #3 is looking for a Discharge Planning Coordinator! For more information on this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services invites applications from Treaty #3 Territory for a full time Discharge Planning Coordinator in Kenora. The Discharge Planning Coordinator reports to the Justice Director for day-to-day activities, and the GCT#3 Executive Director for overall work performance.
- Assist in the discharge case planning and transportation of Treaty #3 members released from the Kenora and regional courts back to their communities.
- Work with the Bail Supervision and Verification Program with the responsibility of supervising Bail Court orders.
- Monitor bail release conditions and provide support to Indigenous clients.
- A college diploma or university in Law and Justice, Law Enforcement, Social Work, Psychology, and Community Services OR an equivalent combination of education and experience for a total of three (3) years.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture, traditions and practices
- Ability to speak Ojibway or Oji-Cree is an asset.
- Knowledge of historic and current forms of colonialism, systemic discrimination, and barriers facing Aboriginal communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that take into consideration the complexity of information and intended audience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, respectful working relationships with GCT3 staff, Treaty #3 First Nations, and the general public.
- Excellent data management skills (including skills related to the development of spreadsheets and database systems).
- Experience in counseling and crisis intervention;
- Ability to articulate criminal and social justice issues
- Ability to work independently and manage workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and adjust to constant change.
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a clear criminal check record with vulnerable sector.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 references to:
Oluyinka Leigh, Human Resource Manager
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O Box 1720 Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7 Fax: 807-548-6356
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted.