Kenora Anishinaabe-Kweg Aboriginal Head Start Program is hiring an Early Childhood Educator/Classroom Assistant! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Kenora Anishinaabe-Kweg Aboriginal Head Start Program strives to support children in their process of discovering the world. We provide holistic programming which encourages a personal sense of identity, and pride in their Indigenous heritage. The Kenora Anishinaabe-Kweg Aboriginal Head Start Program provides support, advocacy, and learning opportunities for children and their families in a safe and nurturing environment.
Employer Name: Kenora Anishinaabe-Kweg Aboriginal Head Start Program
Postal Code: P9N 2T7
Application Deadline: August 19th, 2022
Job Type: Full-Time
Duties of this LEAP Job Posting:
- Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing daily programs for children, and infants
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest and activity centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies
- Lead children in activities to stimulate their mental, physical, and emotional growth while ensuring their security and well being.
- To keep the classroom, outdoor play area and equipment clean, safe, orderly and attractive,
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions as necessary.
- All other tasks as directed by the Executive Director.
Qualifications for this LEAP Job Posting:
- Early Childhood Education Diploma or Equivalent Diploma,
- Registered with the College of ECE’s an asset,
- Minimum two years’ experience in a classroom setting an asset,
- Experience in program management and excellent organizational skills an asset,
- Must enjoy working as part of a team,
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to speak the Ojibway Language is an asset,
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture, and its’ values, is an asset,
- Must have working knowledge of computers,
- Prior experience working with Indigenous families with toddlers and preschool children is preferred,
- Must be physically fit, and able to lift 40 pounds
How To Apply to this LEAP Job Posting:
All candidates are required to provide a Criminal Record Search including Vulnerable Sector Check and obtain or provide a valid First Aid/CPR certificate
Closing Date: ASAP
Submit resume including two job related references to:
Kenora Anishinaabe-Kweg Aboriginal Head Start Hiring Committee
Phone (807) 468-3337 Fax (807) 468-3093
We wish to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advertising Method: General Ad