Kenora District Services Board is looking for an Early Childhood Educator! For more information about this LEAP job posting, check out the details below!
Dedicated to improving lives, the Kenora District Services Board (KDSB) is the integrated service delivery agency providing help and support when you need it. With forward thinking and engaged employees, we deliver Ontario Works, Social Housing, Early Learning and Child Care, and Land Ambulance to current and future clients.
We are currently seeking to hire Casual Early Childhood Educators (ECE) located in Dryden, Ontario to join our Childcare team. Our employees enjoy a healthy work environment, development opportunities, and an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reporting to the Registered Early Childhood Educator in Charge, the Casual ECE is responsible for providing care and supervision to children ages 0 – 12 years, through the planning and implementation of a program conducive to their emotional, physical, social and intellectual development.
Key responsibilities include:
• Supervise children in both indoor and outdoor settings, while monitoring the moods of individual children, and meeting their emotional needs with appropriate action.
• Assist children in maintaining correct hygiene procedures, changing soiled clothes, and assist children in mastering basic self-sufficiency skills such as dressing and personal hygiene.
• Implement programming based on the “How Does Learning Happen?” document, ensuring that the Four Foundations for Learning and Development (Belonging, Well-Being, Engagement and Expression) are being met.
• Remain up-to-date on the special needs and parental directives related to child care, including allergy and medical plans.
• Ensure all toys, equipment and furniture remain clean, organized, and in good working condition, and report any issues to the Early Years Quality Assurance Coordinator.
• Administer First Aid as required, and fill out correct forms as per policy guidelines.
• One (1) year experience in a child care setting
• Completed two-year Diploma in Early Childhood Education
• Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators
• Successful completion of a High School Diploma
• A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided
• First Aid, including Infant and Child CPR (or the ability to obtain)
• Up to date immunization record, including TB skin test (or the ability to obtain)
• A valid Ontario Class G license
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, by email, referencing the competition number in the subject line of the e-mail, to:
Human Resources Department
Kenora District Services Board
Confidential information provided by applicants will be used for the purpose of this competition only and will be protected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The KDSB will make accommodations available wherever possible to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. The KDSB is an equal opportunity employer