Gaagagegiizhigook Childcare Centre is hiring various positions; Early Childhood Educators/Daycare Staff/Relief Staff! For more information about this LEAP Job Posting, check out the details below!
- Daycare staff are responsible to provide a clean, caring, safe and educational program for young children in a group setting
- Must have the ability to carry/lift children and carry/lift/move moderately heavy items
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time; to work at the height of the children
- Assist children in maintaining correct hygiene procedures such as washing hands and face; assist and instruct children in mastering basic self-sufficiency skills such as dressing and personal hygiene
- Follow procedures for maintaining health records, hygienic routines, universal precautions and administering medication and first aid
- Report all incidents, injuries and illnesses to the Program Supervisor or designate
- Communicate as needed with family members at drop-off and pick-up times
- Follow licensing and other regulatory requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the children, families and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Two-year Early Childhood Education Diploma or a provincially recognized equivalent and membership in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators is preferred
- High School Diploma and minimum one (1) year previous experience in a child care setting may be considered
- Knowledge of the Child Care & Early Years Act and the ability to meet the specifications of the Act
- Current First Aid and infant C.P.R.
- Criminal reference check including vulnerable sector
- Current TB skin test
- Understanding of the Anishinaabe language and culture
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references. The application must be submitted by December 11, 2023. Please submit applications via e-mail, in person, or fax to:
Bimose Tribal Council
Human Resource Manager
598 Lakeview Drive, Kenora, ON, P9N 3P7
www.bimose.ca – Fax: (807) 468-3908 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org